For developers and system administrators, Jenkins provides a rich framework that can be used to automate a variety of tasks. In this talk, we’ll take a high-level look at the elements of Jenkins that make it a versatile, extensible application. In particular, we’ll discuss:
- Installing Jenkins on a workstation or server
- Creating and managing jobs
- Using plugins to add functionality
- Connecting Jenkins to servers running in AWS
- Using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
After participating in this workshop, attendees will have an idea of how Jenkins can be used to automate just about any repeatable task in their day-to-day work.