My First Cluster – Getting started with MongoDB Atlas!
We will be exploring one innovation in data storage system known as MongoDB.
MongoDB provides schema-less design, high performance, high availability, and automatic scaling qualities which have now become a need and cannot be satisfactorily met by traditional RDBMS systems.
Speaker: Jay Gordon, Cloud Developer Advocate, MongoDB
• Intro to MongoDB / document model / compatibility
• Guided lesson on how to setup
• Connecting and creating a document
• how to use as part of an app
Required for class:
• Virtual Machine (if you need a vm email organizers to get set-up)
• Command line experience
• Basic understand of distributed systems and cloud computing (API’s, virtual machines, basic understanding of HTTP, PUT/GET, knowledge of AWS/Azure/Goggle Compute)
• Community Server: https://mongodb.com/download
• Atlas: https://cloud.mongodb.com/