CTO Series: Nigel Kersten & Deepak Giridharagopal, Puppet
Nigel Kersten, Chief Technical Strategist, was responsible for the development of the initial versions of Puppet Enterprise and has since served in a variety of roles, including head of product, CTO, and CIO. He has been deeply involved in Puppet’s DevOps initiatives, and regularly speaks around the world about the adoption of DevOps in the enterprise and IT organizational transformation.
Deepak Giridharagopal, CTO & Chief Architect, guides Puppet’s technical development. He has played an integral role in every version of Puppet and Puppet Enterprise shipped since joining Puppet in 2011. Over the years, Deepak has overseen development of major versions of core projects, including the Puppet language, Facter, PuppetDB, Puppet Server, and major features such as application orchestration. Deepak’s work has helped Puppet achieve the massive increases in performance and scale that Puppet users depend on.
– Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, Marshall B. Rosenberg
– How to Win Friends & Influence People, Dale Carnegie
– Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman
– The Field Guide to Understanding ‘Human Error’, Sidney Dekker
– Good Strategy Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters, Richard Rumelt
– The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership: A New Paradigm for Sustainable Success, Jim Dethmer
– Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World, General Stanley McChrystal & Tantum Collins